Monday, December 24, 2007

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

Each year
time seems to pass
faster and faster

On Halloween,
one of my favorite holidays,
I felt like it should still be
AUGUST
and then sloughed it off
to the weather being so warm

Thanksgiving seemed to come
when I was ready for Halloween
The food was good
the company was better
and it was a good time at my mom's
even though I worked my ass off
cooking and cleaning

Friday, December 21st
I stood in my classroom
straightening up
for a day of merriment
and the big PAR-TAY
and I thought
Man, if I just had one more week
to get ready for Christmas
we could get so much done
but alas
I had but one day
and then a weekend
and today,
Christmas Eve
is my first day off
and the last day before
Christmas Day

At least I had my shopping
done, well except for my mom
which I did on Saturday evening
and a bit on Sunday

You see, I talked to RJ
who I needed to give a gift to
before I leave town
and he was in a state of "FRAZZLE"
he hates shopping
the holiday was here before he was ready
and he was not in a happy place
so he came to get me
we went to breakfast
I asked what gifts he still needed
and we devised a plan
to go to one shopping area
and get all his shopping done
in one stop shopping
and it was fun
we picked out goodies for gift baskets
in Whole Foods
we were beyond in the
Bed and Bath store
looking for more goodies
and a candy thermometer
for me to make more pralines
and I found as much or more than he did
but all items I needed
then we braved Old Navy
which was not as bad as I expected
and then he had to have some
Magnetic fingers
like the one I gave him
with the gloves included
(just google it, they have a great website)
and the inventor lives close by
so I called him up and we went over
and made a few additional purchases
they make great small gifts
and everyone is thrilled with them.

It was fun
It is so much more fun shopping
when you have a comrade to enjoy it with

Which leads me to what this post is all about

I have had a very merry christmas
and it isn't even Christmas yet

It started off
with several opportunities to view the lights
at a university
in my neighborhood
and other places

Then last Wednesday night
the Law Student took the journey
to the great lights in Johnson City
we ate great mexican food in Blanco
and he was just as excited to see them
as I was, only like the first time I saw them
we had pralines I had made
and he claimed they were the best he had ever eaten
that was great for my ego

The DR. took me to a christmas jazz concert
of mostly saxophones that was simply devine
complete with a huge bottle of champagne
and great attention.

but then
Mr. Duvall called and wanted to come see me
on Christmas Eve's Eve
and spend the night

I got what I wanted for Christmas
and it isn't even Christmas yet
so it can only get better
if that is even possible

I leave in a little while
headed home
to see my mom
and family
and will have more time to blog then
but
I wanted to say .....

My Christmas wish for you
is that you get
whatever your heart desires
that makes you happy
and feel special
this Christmas
I wish for you

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

1 comment:

Walker said...

Shpping was a pain for me mostly because of the weather and the long lineup oh and a finger waving crazy woman but in the end its done, the shoppping that is, thew cooking is still to do.

Have a safe trip amd Merry Christmas with you mother :)