Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Some Days

Some Days
are easier
than others

Some holidays
are easier than others

As good as this holiday has been
there is something
gnawing at me

I have been lonely
I know lonely well
but the last few days
Lonely has been
the unwanted guest at my Christmas party
who just won't leave

I have things I want to say
to people I know
or have known

I have the green-eyed monster
calling my name
when
for reasons that are
way beyond me
people from my past
seem to be doing
or living
or traveling
so much better than I am

which causes
me to remind myself
hmmmm but those are the places
we talked about 10 years ago
have an original thought
would you?
so... does she appreciate
the lack of sex in her life?
because I know I didn't.....

and then I feel better

but yes

today,
was one of those
Some Days

I baked the honey ham
and potatoes

I made 2 batches
of pralines,

I wrote a post or two
I talked to the hippie
about some help
with a family matter

I talked to the muse
but we both agreed
we knew nothing new
and had nothing to say

which is unusual for us

even when we talk
several times a day

I visited with my mom
and helped my son
bring in the desk I brought her
which looks great with the tile
and isn't cluttered yet

I took a 2 and a half hour nap
well deserved
on her
Tempurpedic mattress
(you can get me one anytime)

and I played with the new puppies
payed attention to Mitten Kitten
and visited with a young lady
that comes to see Mother
whenever she is in the area

It has been a day
a not too busy day
but a busy enough day

but
in the back of my mind
the lonely bug
clings
with all his might

and poisons all the thoughts
I have that could be positive
with the lonely virus
that spreads like wildfire

Tomorrow will be a better day
it has to be
and not a Some Day

I do at least notice
while reading others writings
that at least it seems to be
a pretty universal virus
that many experience
this time of year

I sincerely hope
you do not catch it

unless of course
you are one of those people
that are turning me green
because your life "appears"
better than it was with me
but I really know better
I just have to keep reminding myself

1 comment:

muse said...

You couldn't possibly already need an attitude adjustment!