Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Thoughts Today

FUN NEE
Back around Spring Break
I wanted to revamp my resume'
After all, it hasn't been redone
in six years
and I thought
You know, it should be better than good
It should be able to get me a job
without an interview
and so
maybe
just maybe I should turn to a professional
so I look on line and all the resume' writers
are strictly by email and online
and I wanted someone to sit with
in person and talk to
you know OLD SCHOOL style
so I looked on ....
you guessed it
my favorite place...
Craigs List
and I call a couple of the ones listed
I explain my career objective
ask if they have any knowledge
of my career and the way to write
a resume to fit it
One guy is quite the salesman
tells me we can sit down
we can do it over the phone
and email
and when I ask
if it (my resume') will really "POP"
and get results
he pulls out all stops with his years
of experience
and how he has written resume's for others
who have my vocation

so we make a deal
and we get started
with me sending him a copy of my old one
then the shit hits the fan
my mom gets sick
I go up there
and we really do have to do everything
NEW AGE and not in person
and I send corrections
after corrections
and ask about the "SIZZLE"
I want to see
and he assures me
it will be great
and he doesn't respond to emails
promptly
or answer phone calls
and I get frustrated
and finally I think we have it
One resume' and Three cover letters later
I agree to pay half his fee
which is 65 dollars
and he will send me a hard copy
that POPS
so I put the money in his bank acct
which means I now have his address
and personal info
and he mails me a hard copy
so he has my personal address
and info (resume' info, duh)
and I drive home from mom's
and it is the middle of May by now
there is a big envelope in the mail
and I open it with great anticipation
and there it is
the same shit he had been sending me
via email all this time
so I call
and as expected
I have to leave a message
I am livid
I explain it is not just plain ol' vanilla
It sucks
and I want it fixed
so please call me
and as expected
he doesn't call
but I paid attention to his address
and he lives right at the end of my block
actually where my block t-bones
into another street
and so
I have to look at his house everytime
I drive down the street in that direction

I worked on my resume'
the muse proofed it
and now it really pops
Even though it seems I wasted money
he did have some pointers
that I would not have considered on my own
so I chalked it up to
some expensive pointers
and a lesson learned
I should go into the resume' writing business

The funny is
last night
Tater and I were walking
and as we started home down my street
there was a guy with a flat
right at the corner
and he had a problem
he didn't have a jack
even though he had a spare
so Tater and I were perplexed
and then it hit me
I pointed to the crappy resume' writer's house
and said
ask that guy
he is helpful
and it was late
after 10 pm
and the stranded guy said
are you sure?
and I said oh yeah
and Tater and I walked on
a little faster
so that we were out of sight
by the time the door was answered

so yeah, sometimes a little mean sneaks out of me
and creates a small quiet giggle....

1 comment:

muse said...

Ha, Ha! Who needs karma when you are on the prowl!