Monday, June 09, 2008

The Anti-Climax

Another school year came to an end
Officially on Thursday
but I still had a couple of loads
of stuff to haul out of my classroom
and now I have an apt. full
of school stuff to figure out
where to put

I was moved from a great position
as a Kinder teacher
to my next favorite of 4th grade
I like the 4th grade teachers
I just don't want to store my Kinder stuff
for another 10 years,
like I did the first time

The positives of it are:

I will be in a portable- so....
I can work in my classroom any time
not just when the building is open
I can control my heating and AC
I am away from other distractions in the hallway
There is a huge, beautiful Oak tree right outside
and so it is a very beautiful spot to be in
and it is a large, spacious portable
with a great set of cabinets and counter

The negatives are:

Same campus
4th grade
same vice-principal
possible same principal (she announced on Thurs
that she may be retiring,
I am trying to not hold my breath
but my fingers are crossed)

really, I guess there aren't many negatives
not as many as I had built up
in my head

it is a risk
for reasons I won't state here
but it is a risk
I was poorly evaluated this year
when I had glowing evaluations in all previous years
which makes no sense
but others
who don't know me
would wonder why
what went wrong

so it is risky to stay and try to overcome
the hurdles

but the year is over
the people that were a thorn
are not around all day
and I am in a place
where I can exhale now
but I am still holding my breath
like the other shoe
hasn't dropped yet
so there hasn't been
a really exciting climax
but a tapering off
of what was
to a few weeks of rest
to another year
that has got to be better

I had a great
great, great interview
on Thursday
and they are suppose to let me know
soon, very soon,
either way....

so maybe that is what I am waiting for
it was a great school,
a great interview
and I am definitely holding my breath
and my crossing my fingers
hoping I will be offered the position
for a great new start
in a great new place
so I will post as soon as I know...

my pessimistic friend says
prepare to not get it
so that if I do
it is a bonus

afterall
there aren't many negatives
about staying where I am...

cross your fingers and toes for me
will ya?

and when I exhale, I will let you know

No comments: