Thursday, March 20, 2008

Say a Prayer Please

My mom had a heart attack
apparently,
she was sick,
thinking she just had some congestion
when it was and is
really pneumonia
and she couldn't breathe
and because she couldn't breathe
or get enough oxygen
she had a heart attack
She had 3 blockages
in her heart
but they only did
angioplasty
on the one that was causing
the heart attack
so she has a stint in that artery
and two more blocked arteries
she is not a good candidate
for open heart surgery
at the age of 75
with COPD
and a case of pneumonia
to recover from first

She is on a ventilator
she is trying to breathe on her own
she is fighting the tube down her throat
which means
she is a fighter
she will be in the hospital
indefinitely
and I will be there with her
until she is better

I came home yesterday
to get my house and class in order
and tomorrow I go back

My brother is there now...
so I felt I could step away
for 48 hours

Thank you all for all your prayers,
emails, messages
and for being there for me
you give me strength
and I appreciate all of you....

2 comments:

Walker said...

I will be keeping your mother in my thoughts, she soundslike a fighter and a survivor.

GAB said...

I will keep your mom and your family in my prayers. Good luck hun.