Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Nice, Very Very Nice

There was a time I hated that word

NICE

I didn't want to be told
not one more time
that I was
A NICE GIRL

or that was a NICE DINNER

and yet
now I find it
to be one of the highest compliments
I can give some one

I have two
VERY NICE men
paying me
some
VERY NICE
attention

and it is
to say the least
VERY NICE

Tater (formerly known as the Hippie)
met me for breakfast
on Saturday
and I had some errands to run
that involved children's books
and the rodeo theme

so he went along
and he purchased
about 6 hard back picture books
for me to use at work
with my students
and it was a complete surprise
and I was thrilled
with his generosity.
I used those books in class
yesterday and today
and they were a huge hit
with the students.
Nice, Very Very Nice

We also had great conversations
a terrific breakfast
and we shared some good laughs
and it was very comfortable
I was thrilled...
That was more than nice

Tonight
the Law Student
met me for a drink
when he got out of class
at 9:00
We had a great conversation
He made a date for Saturday
We had a good time
and it was very NICE
He tried to make a date for Friday
but I have plans already
in Corpus Christi
and a date at the beach
My date with the beach
on Saturday morning
and hoping the weather is good
I am way past due
on my supplement
of sea air and waves crashing
on the sand
with my toes dug into the grains
like a tree
rooted in rich soil
taking nutrients
from the air, water, and land
it is where I flourish

and with my son here
believe me
I need the respite...
and when I get back
I have a date...
with my crush man
woohoo

That is
Very Very Nice!

2 comments:

Walker said...

Si I guess you are having a very nice time :)

muse said...

Yeah, but are you being a nice girl? or a naughty one?