Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Goodness Gracious, Great Balls of Fire

Tomorrow is a big day.
It is my birthday.
And, as far as I am concerned,
it is the halfway point
of my life.
I turn 45,
I hope to live no longer
than 90 years.

The last two years
have been a bust
where my birthday is concerned
Three years ago was the best birthday
I will ever remember
it was the night I met Mr. Duvall.
However,
last year I was sick as a dog,
and the year before
I broke a tooth and spent
over 6 hours in a dentist chair
before coming home
exhausted and upset
and with a numb mouth

So.... what is in store for this year?
Muse and amusements
have plans for me.

A big group of friends,
out on the town
on a pub crawl.

I have no idea where it will start
or where it will end
but I know
it will be fun.

We have kidded about it
for several months
because I had given up
on having a man in my life
that would remember
and want to take me out
on my birthday

I knew I would see Mr. Duvall
but it would be the weekend before
or (as it will be) the weekend after
but because it falls in the middle
of the week
I wanted to do something really fun...

Just when I had given up
is when there turned out to be
one man who really wants to make
my birthday a special day
with him,
but I deferred him to Thursday evening.
The doctor,
who has turned out to be
a great man
who is treating me well.

Then, the Hippie
has informed me
that he has put together a gift
for my special day
and given the great Christmas gift
he gave me
I am sure it will be as thoughtful
and insightful.
He wants me to find
some time
on my birthday
to see him...
but it really isn't possible.
I was out of town on business today
will be at work tomorrow
and then am taking Thursday off
to recover and for appts. that I have
with doctor and to get my hair done.

The muse has asked who else
in a friend position
we could invite
other than the keeper, Pepper, a coworker of hers, and the two of us

I don't know who it would be
that would enjoy a C&W pub crawl
and are good dancers
but I am sure
the group will grow
exponentially
when we get a little
Hot Diggety Damn in our blood.

If you are up to the party,
please feel free to join us...
if you can find us...

Happy Birthday to Me...
Woo Hoo

Let the celebrating Begin....

1 comment:

Walker said...

You're still a young chickie full of fire :)
Happy Birthday @-;--