Sunday, August 12, 2007

To Do List

When I first started
this blog
Many days I wrote my
"To Do" list here
and then as I got it done
I changed the font color
but that was when
the background
wasn't my favorite
playground
so I won't be
changing the color
I am not sure I can
get it all done in a day
anyway
but tomorrow
is my first
"unofficial" but
"official" day
back at work
I was there every day
the last two weeks
either in
workshops
or working in my room
but tomorrow
is everyone I work with
who chooses to come
of their own free will
because it is
"strongly recommended"
that we show up

but enough about that
I am thinking
that now is the time
to create a new habit
and it is to make the list
on Sunday
try to get it done
but if I don't,
to choose one thing
to do each day for the rest of the week
till they are all done
since I woke up
to what my very young
co-workers would say
is the crack of dawn
I think I might make it
through most of it
without issue
but we will see


  • Wash Dishes- my son gets out a clean glass for each drink, and since he has started making money, I have made a deal, if he buys I cook, and he loves homecooked meals- esp. mine, so there are dishes from dinner yesterday- bbq'd ribs, mashed potatoes, and boiled okra- and yes it was very good... today is pot roast with all the trimmings (DONE)
  • Laundry- I tend to wait til everything I own is dirty to do my laundry, since I don't have washer/dryer hookups and go to the automated washers about 100 feet from my front door. I am trying to remedy that, I have several loads, but not as many as usual... it will be a job for the entire morning, that is for sure ( DONE)
  • Clean the living room- it won't take much, mostly picking stuff up, dusting, and sweeping the floor (and the top of my desk, but that isn't as bad as it looks, most of it is trash or a bill I need to pay)
  • Front Porch- my son moved home, and the front of the place looks like a trailer park. He smokes out there and leaves stuff out there, like it is an extension of his room. It is time to show him how I want it to look on a daily basis. Of course, I would like him to keep it looking that way, but we all know what will happen. (DONE)
  • Clean the kitchen- which is the floor, stove and counter, after I do the dishes. I want to re-arrange the refrigerator since I have fresh veggies from the farmers market that I want to make sure I don't forget about and not eat because they were in a bag.
  • Clean my bedroom- which is the chore that probably won't get finished. Recently switched the furniture with the other bedroom that my son is now in. Of course I had stuff in all of the drawers of both sets. So now I have all of the stuff out of the drawers of what I put in the room he is in, and the drawers in my room are full. I need to clean out and put away, in addition to washing my sheets and sweeping the floor... which will get done today (sheets and floor)
  • Saved the best for last- the one I loathe- Clean the bathroom- bleck!!! I hate it, but I do like it when it is clean...

So if you feel like helping, come on over, if nothing else,

company is always good...

2 comments:

Walker said...

I dont suppose you would like to clean my place? LOL

First day back officially you;re going to be bushed after shcool

muse said...

Unofficial, official days suck-off the clock!