Sunday, August 19, 2007

A New Leaf, Turning Over

I have worked all weekend.
I have cleaned out boxes that I haven't opened
in years... literally, some 2 years, some 3, and one
that I think had to be from at least 7 years ago.
I found fantastic things that I had forgotten all about.
I found things I had been wondering where were.
I found things I would have just as soon forgotten
and never been reminded.
There are only a few boxes, containers, hidey holes
that I have not gone through in my classroom. And by
the end of the week, they will be done as well.
My biggest obstacle in life is organization. As much
as I want to be organized, I am not... or I should say
I was not, but now I am.
The question is if I can maintain it, at least in my classroom.
I have other things that are types of organization
I am working on.
The most important and the one I am really excited about
is my new budget.
As I was cleaning out my desk today and re-organizing
I found my receipts for things purchased for the last two
years. I have spent my "entertainment fund" and more
on my classroom every month for over a decade.
Well that will cease and desist right now. When I have
to choose between school goodies, or my good time,
my good time will be winning, I assure you.
Anyway,
our official first day back is tomorrow.
I am not excited. I am, however, looking forward to having
a room that is organized and neat and clean. So the last
several weeks of preparing will pay off in the long run.

Due to the fact I have been working on my classroom
and my budget, my daily walk has fallen to the wayside.
But in the spirit of leaf turning, I am going to start back
tomorrow, right after school. I intend to walk every day,
but will be happy if I make it 4-5 times a week. The goal
is 5 times, but we will see. Then I can start writing again
on Underblog.

So, not only are there three big changes in my life occuring
at the same time. There is one that isn't. I am not dating.
I am not trying to date. I am doing ok with it. I am finally at
the point that it is ok if I don't. So, I am not pursuing it,
but if it happens, I am open to it. Guess you could say
I am just not looking. Everyone else around me seems to be
more concerned about it than I am. My son has fussed at me
more than once about not having any dates. Heck, he has
even started inviting me to go clubbing with him and last
night he had an extra ticket to a local venue and offered it,
but it wasn't the kind of music I like, so I declined.
So... a metamorphosis of sorts.

I would say, well that's all... but golly geez, that's a bunch.

1 comment:

muse said...

You have worked too hard not to keep it organized. Next Job...devote as much time to yourself and your family as you do to the job.